Register your sUAS with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) if:
- You plan to fly outdoors in the United States, and
- If the device weighs between 0.55 lbs and 55 lbs.
To register you must click REGISTER below to go to the FAA page, and SUBMIT after you are done, which takes you to a form on our site.
Click HERE or on the button below to register your sUAS with the FAA:
Read or download our custom Registration Guide »
When you've finished registering, send us a copy of your registration card for verification purposes using a handy form.
Registration Facts to Know
- Registrations are valid for 3 years
- Purchased or home-built devices may be registered online
- Devices flown exclusively indoors do not need to be registered
- Cost is only $5, payable by credit card
- The Trustees of Princeton University should be listed as the corporation, if the device was purchased with University funds
- A member of the faculty or staff should be listed as the contact individual for devices registered to Princeton University
- sUAS must be marked with the registration number
- N-number registration (traditional aircraft registration process) is available for devices that need an N-number to operate outside the U.S. LEARN MORE »
- Devices larger than 55 lbs require the N-number registration process LEARN MORE »